Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I am thankful for ALL of the mothers/motherly figures I've had in my life.

First, and foremost, I am thankful for my mom. There are really no words in the English language that can express how much I value her. She has loved me unconditionally, been there to help me up after I've made mistakes, and been a friend. (Oh, and she's my go-to-gal for decorating, too!) I am truly lucky I was "matched" up with her. Thanks for everything, Mom.

I was lucky to know both of my grandmothers and have great memories from those relationships. I knew my Grandma (Mom's mom) for the least amount of time and wish I'd had her in my life for longer. For the ten or so years that I did know her, we shared many a Scrabble game and watched many episodes of "As Schools Match Wits." Her golobkis were quite supreme. I love you and miss you Grandma.

I had my Nana (Dad's mom) in my life longer and enjoyed many things with her, although on my wedding day, I remember thinking I wished she was there. I wished she had been there pre-late stages of Parkinson's. She would've been so happy and proud. I know she was watching and keeping her eye on Granddad. ;)

When my Mom lived far away and I came back to Boston, my aunt Ange was my surrogate mom. She housed me and then took me out to look for apartments when I was ready. She always checked in on me and made sure I was OK. Oh, and took me to the hospital for stitches when I sliced my finger trying to open a hot dog package.

Thanks to you all -- for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment