Saturday, July 25, 2009

Do you force yourself to continue reading a book even if it's bad?

In the past, I have...and people think that's strange. I guess I feel that with each chapter, it will get better. Well, I gave up on the latest book I was reading, "In the Kitchen" by Monica Ali. I didn't like her previous book, "Brick Lane," so I'm not sure why I thought I'd like this one.

I read about 100 pages (basically until I was able to get to the library) and then quit. Next to read? (See to the right.)

1 comment:

  1. I try to make it to the halfway point-I figure if I still hate it then, it's probably not my cup of tea. Although, I remember reading A Tale of Two Cities in high school, and I hated it up until the last 50 pages or so. Then it all made sense, and I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete