(Is that even possible?)
I just finished reading, "How to Buy a Love of Reading" by Tanya Egan Gibson. Pretty bad. It it had a few humorous moments tucked in among the pages or else it would've gotten the full two thumbs down from me.
Quick synopsis: Spoiled, wealthy, and slightly overweight girl is told by her English teacher that she's a moron because she doesn't like reading. As "THE" Sweet Sixteen gift for her, her parents decided to have an author commissioned to write her a book. (Which, they hope the girl takes an interest in.)
Premise is not bad, but way it's written? Oy vay. Wordy, wordy, wordy. It could've been 50-100 pages shorter. It's ironic (?) because while the commissioned author is working on the book, the girl tells her not to waste so much time/space on random details. Apparently, Tanya Egan Gibson doesn't take her character's advice.
Now I'm onto "Eat Pray Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert and I already love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment