Let's cut right to the chase. It is perhaps one of THE best books I've read. Ever. I can relate to Elizabeth (Liz; author and subject of the book) on so many levels, yet there are so many differences between us. Everyone deals with their problems in their own way, and Liz deals with hers by going to Italy, India, and Indonesia. She eats until her heart is happy again in Italy, prays and learns the meaning of spirituality in India, and at the end of her journey finds love in Indonesia.
I have to admit, when I saw the "pray" part, I was a bit skeptical about liking the book. Preachy religious writing has never been my thing. Throughout the book, though, the author is very good at sharing her spiritual experience and making it clear that it is just that...hers. She does not try to sell the reader on moving to an ashram or meditating daily. She just shares her experience.
I'll be lucky if I visit ONE of those "I" countries that Liz goes to, but reading the book made me feel like I was on the trip with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment