Saturday, December 12, 2009

I raised the white flag

As I think I've mentioned in this blog before, I don't like to stop reading a book. Even if I don't like it. Well, I decided life's too short and there are too many books to be read.

So, I raised the white flag on Barbara Kingsolver's Lacuna. I read just about half (200 pages) and I was just bored with it. It had its interesting historical fiction aspects, but overall? Dull.

So, now I'm onto Cleaving by Julie Powell of Julie & Julia fame. I seem to have gone from one weird book to another. I like the portions of the story that talk about Julie's life, but the sections that go in depth into butchery? Ehh...I'm all set.

We'll see how long it takes before I raise the white flag on this one...

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy a good book but I just can't get myself to sit down and read.
    I've been reading My Maggie since April. I actually haven't picked it up since August. It's a very good book. When I do get started I read lots.
    It's a true story. It's basically written by the husband of a wife who had Ushers.

    ReplyDelete