Sunday, August 1, 2010

Do you prefer Bordeaux or Apple Brown Betty with your Prairie Dust?

We're (well, I should say I'm) finally getting around to determine what color to do the shutters on our house. John has painted the front and done one coat on the back, so I'm determined to have the shutters painted and hung up before I start back to school in September. Our first pick for color was Olympic's Bordeaux. A very deep magenta/wine color, hence the name. However, the Olympic brochure had paired Apple Brown Betty with the color we chose for the body of the house -- Prairie Dust. So, I figured that the Olympic people must know something and we bought a quart of Apple Brown Betty.

I primed two shutters yesterday (with gray primer, as Lowe's said that when trying to cover a bright color -- hideous pink, gray works better) and today painted one in each color.  I realize that normally one paints two coats and lets them dry before making a decision, however, I knew right away. Bordeaux is the clear winner over Apple Brown Betty. (Although, I'm thinking it maybe should be renamed to Apple "Orange" Betty.)

2 comments:

  1. Assuming that Bordeaux is on the right, it would definitely be my choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Bordeaux is on the right...sorry for no caption. Also, I know it looks like a bad nail polish job, but it's only one coat so far! ;)

    ReplyDelete