I hardly cook. Ever. It stresses me out. I worry about it coming out OK and then if I have to time it with sides or accompanying parts of the meal...forget about it! So, obviously we don't eat Stouffer's French Bread Pizza or Hot Pockets every night and that means that John cooks. All of the time. I've wanted to cook more...I've made attempts by subscribing to Cooking Light magazine, buying kitchen gadgets/cooking accoutrements (latest was a food processor), etc...
Lately John's commute has been excrutiatingly long and my lack of cooking has become an issue. So, we decided this weekend that I would cook something on Sundays and we'd freeze it for the rest of the week. Sounds pretty simple, right? It is -- it just needed to be put into practice and now it is!
Tonight's recipe: Alysia's Basic Meat Lasagna from AllRecipes.com. And might I say -- not too bad! The reviews state that you should add extra sauce, which I did (a whole extra jar). It was a bit saucy, but not too bad. John's the carnivore in this family (I eat meat, too, just not as much as he does), so I agreed to do meat lasagna first and then hopefully branch out into veggie lasagna and others.
Here's my handiwork. Mangia!

No comments:
Post a Comment