Arctic Garden Studio
Now let's face it, I'm no Julia Child. Heck, I'm not even a Suzy Homemaker. Cooking and gardening are NOT my forte. Therefore, I did not think I'd feature a lot of blogs on those subjects in this whole "50 States? 50 Blogs!" thing. I could not not feature this blog. Here's why:
Now let's face it, I'm no Julia Child. Heck, I'm not even a Suzy Homemaker. Cooking and gardening are NOT my forte. Therefore, I did not think I'd feature a lot of blogs on those subjects in this whole "50 States? 50 Blogs!" thing. I could not not feature this blog. Here's why:
- Things that caught my eye about this blog:
- The clarity/colorfulness/vividity (is that a word?) of the photos. The photos make the subjects (mostly food) come alive. In the Beet Hummus post (and I'm no fan of beets), it's like it's right in front of me on my table.
- Nicole's a woman after my own heart. As she mentions in the "Welcome" section of the blog, she loves living in Alaska, but in a cabin, but is all about the indoor plumbing and running water. While I think it might be fun to live in Alaska for oh, say 3 months, the place I'd live would HAVE to have indoor plumbing and running water.
- Like my "40 Before 41" list, Nicole has a "Bucket List" that she shares (which she had created before going off to college.)
- Things on this blog that I'd like for my blog:
- My blog isn't a cooking blog (in any way, shape or form), but I love, love, love the Recipe Index. I do have a few recipes, so maybe as time goes by and more are added, I could do this.
- I like the fact that there's a "menu" on the main page with "Home," "Welcome," "Recipe Index," "Links," and "Bucket List." This helps to de-clutter the sides of the blog and let the posts stand out.

Thanks for choosing me to represent Alaska. I'm glad you enjoy visiting my site. You are very kind. I'm looking forward to checking out the other blogs in your series.
ReplyDeleteGlad you left a comment on my blog or I might never have found this. You made my day! Thanks again.