My 41st birthday came and went pretty quietly, as I spent most of it with the stomach bug. It was highly unpleasant! John was very sweet, however, and took care of me.
I've been to Florida and back to visit my parents and had a lovely time. The weather was perfect -- high 60's/low 70's. Some might think that a bit cool, but if Florida was like that everyday, I might consider living there!
I've been in kind of a "blogging funk" of late. I just haven't had anything that's compelled me to write. A friend actually emailed me to say, "Waiting for a new blog post!"
So, here it is, although it's not very exciting and just a mish-mash of various thoughts.
I started reading Terry Francona (former manager of the Boston Red Sox)'s new book, "Francona." (Aptly named, eh?) I'm only a few pages in, but I can tell that this is going to be a "no holds barred" kind of thing.
I also got this book out of the library.
Buddhism and its tenets have come up in various conversations in my life of late and I'm interested in learning more. I haven't cracked it open yet, but stay tuned.
I also brought home a book from my Mom's (see to the right).
Three books at once (oh, plus the "Houseplants for Dummies" which I peruse on occasion.) This must be some kind of record for me. More than one book at a time for me is uncharted territory.
I watched the season finale of "Downton Abbey" last night. Unreal. That's pretty much all I can say. Not only was I saddened by the ending, but I was also slightly annoyed. I wanted to shake my fist at the TV and yell, "Don't make me stop watching!"
While in Florida, my Mom & I discussed a driving trip to Savannah, GA. I'd fly to Jacksonville, pick up my Mom in St. Augustine, and then I'd drive us to Savannah for probably a long weekend. A Mother/Daughter trip is on my 40 Before 41 list (which will soon become my x before 42 list). Looking forward to planning/fleshing it out.
While in Florida, we ran into another greyhound (my parents have one) and his name is Ferris. In the brilliant words of his owner, "His name is Ferris, as in Ferris Bueller, because EVERYDAY is his day off!" I thought that was so clever.
I usually run the Oscar's pool at work, but as the name of the blog post goes, where'd February come from??? I'm too late. I'll probably just print out ballots for John & I and we can watch and score.
As mentioned, this season of "Downton Abbey" is over (boo hoo), but the new season of "Amazing Race" just started (woo hoo). Who am I cheering for? The NHL players, of course! (Because, you know, they don't make enough money.)
I'll leave you with this cartoon from the New Yorker:
Don't make me go to therapy because no one comments on my blog posts. Lurkers (if there are any) and avid readers alike, comment!


Loved the New Yorker cartoon. I've certainly been there. :)
ReplyDeleteI don't know where February has gone. This year in general is flying! I love the cartoon. I feel like no one ever comments!
ReplyDelete