Monday, May 27, 2013

Forgotten Treasures

It's amazing what you find when you "clean out" your basement. (I say "clean out" in quotation marks, as what we did over the past few weekends can't be considered a "clean out" in the strictest sense of the phrase. Yes, we did get rid of stuff and therefore, "clean out," but we also just shuffled a lot of stuff from one room to another in the basement.)

Now that I've cleared that up...

Here are the forgotten treasures we discovered in our basement.

One of John's co-workers gave us this for our wedding:




TEN years ago.

Better late than never???


I'd always loved this violet vase that my friend Nancy had given me as a gift for being in her wedding.




That was more than 15 years ago!!!

Glad I went out in the beautiful weather to pick some (haggard looking) violets to display in it. It makes me smile!


Just in time for Memorial Day!




A gift from Grace to John from a few Father's Days ago. (Yes, only a "few" ago!)


I'm not usually big on lawn-type animals, but I was fond of this one that my mother-in-law gave us a few years ago.




Glad I saved it...and found it!


This gem either came from my in-laws or my grandparents' house.




No home is complete without the Moo Cow Creamer!

What exciting finds are in your basement? (Besides creepy crawly things!)

No comments:

Post a Comment