Unless you were a tween in the 70's or '80s, you may not get the reference.
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret is a book by Judy Blume (first published in 1970) that tackles coming of age topics such as buying a first bra, getting a first menstrual period, and oh, on top of that, figuring out what religion to "belong" to.
This blog post tackles none of the above topics.
One night while laying awake and pondering blog posts, this witty little title came to me.
In this case, it means, "Um, hello blog? Are you there still there? Are any readers still there?"
It's been over a month since I've blogged and I decided that even though I have tons of stuff to do today, I needed to take a short while to write.
So, here we are.
Spring has sprung (finally) in New England! I'm ignoring the fact that my loving husband said something about snow mid-week. I have my fingers in my ears and I'm singing, "La la la la" and can't hear him.
I've made some really good recipes since I last wrote.
The latest and greatest is Cinnamon Chip Scones.
Easy peasy and super duper yummy. (Hardest thing was finding cinnamon chips!)
Note: These aren't in perfectly formed scone shapes, but they still taste great.
Another note: It says to roll the dough out to 1/2", but I'd make it a bit thicker.
Last note: Don't judge my cookie sheet.
What else is new? Hmmm...
I was in Florida in March for five days visiting my parents. Had a great time. Got snuggle time with these two cuties:
Saw a FABULOUS movie -- Nebraska.
Hilarious. Sad. Real. Definitely worth of Oscar nomination for Best Picture.
And my new favorite hobby?
I finally got a new laptop and installed this (a year + later).
It's fun, but addictive!
I found my great Granddad's draft card and it was so odd to see how much my Dad's & Granddad's handwriting are like his.
I thought I was the first in my family to join a sorority. Nope. My great aunt (or grand aunt, as Family Tree Maker refers to her), was the president of her chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma.
Glad I took the time to write this short post; stay tuned for more!





No comments:
Post a Comment