"Self? Why did she even bother to write a post about these two 'recipes?' What does she take me for - a dummy?"
Because really-- who can't make pork chops with cream of mushroom gravy and egg salad (not together) without recipes?
Me.
I LOVE recipes.
I love following them to a tee.
Now I just need to learn to be able to stray (ever so slightly) from said recipes.
Enough about me!
First up, my Nana's "recipe."
My Mom gave me this little notebook with family recipes and I cherish it!
And there you have it.
Not rocket science, but pure deliciousness.
P.S. Use Minute Rice.
P.P.S. As the cook, you should always serve yourself the piece of meat that was cut open to ensure appropriate level of doneness. (You can thank me later for that little nugget of etiquette.)
Next, egg salad.
Yes, I said egg salad.
And not just any egg salad, but perfect egg salad.
The Pioneer Woman is one of my latest obsessions. I watched all of the latest episodes On Demand and have gotten her cookbooks out of the library.
I wasn't able to find this online anywhere, so I photocopied the recipe and put in my newfangled recipe binder. (This whole midlife cooking fascination, just well...fascinates me!)
Pioneer Woman Perfect Egg Salad
1 dozen hard boiled eggs
1/2 cup mayo
1-2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp white vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
- Chop the eggs. (This alone is a diversion from my normal egg salad making, as I generally mash the eggs.)
- Add mayo
- Add mustard
- Add Worcestershire
- Add vinegar
- Add salt & pepper
- Mix
- Et voila!
The mustard, Worcestershire & vinegar give it a nice kick!
If you're looking to get out of the egg salad doldrums, this is your recipe.
See?
Not rocket science!



No comments:
Post a Comment