Literally (here in New England) & figuratively!
It's Patriots' Day here in Massachusetts where we commemorate the Battles of Lexington & Concord, the first battles of the Revolutionary War.
It's also known as Marathon Monday, as the Boston Marathon is run.
So, what does that mean? That means no work today and a three-day weekend!
Let me catch you up on the doings around here.
This is in the oven right now:
You can find the recipe and the photo for Italian Sausage Lasagna here.
I'm trying to use up stuff in our freezer and we had some ground Italian sausage (which I usually use to make Paul's Pronto Penne) and I decided to find a new recipe to use it in. It was somewhat labor intensive, so I REALLY hope it tastes good!
Since we didn't have work today, I was able to stay up and watch BOTH of favorite Sunday night shows.
Call the Midwife & Mad Men!
Call the Midwife peaked last season, in my opinion, but I really enjoyed last night's episode.
It's Mad Men's last season and again, I think it peaked long ago, but I'm doing due diligence and seeing it through to the end. (Plus, I'm enamored with the fashion. Come to think of it, I'm enamored of the fashion in both of these shows.)
This month marks the fact that this blog has lived on for NINE YEARS!!!! Can you believe that? You can read my first (somewhat boring) post here. I'm pretty proud of myself for keeping this project alive for that long, since I tend to have the attention span of a gnat when it comes to projects.
While this blog started mostly for me to chronicle John and I buying our first house together and all that entailed, it's turned into so much more. Writing is very cathartic for me and when I make the time for it, I enjoy it and benefit from it. (And if it's just my mother reading still, so be it! Love you mom!)
I'm actively on the look out for an Idaho blog to feature in my 50 States? 50 Blogs? feature, so if you have one to suggest, let me know! (I don't want to go six months between states again!) Perhaps a potato farmer's blog? (Sorry Idahoans, but that's what I associate you with.)
(Yes, it took me a minute to figure that one out...)
We did some yard work on Saturday and I'm really ready for Spring. (I was ready weeks ago!) I must say that I am thankful that the rain is not snow. Can you imagine? Let's not.
I was inspired by a blog post I saw from Mommy's Kitchen to do some container gardening on our back porch. I bought this from Walmart (minus the flowers) and will set up on our porch with some colorful flowers of my own that love lots of sun (if it ever shows up).
That's what's doing around here. How was your weekend?







No comments:
Post a Comment