Tuesday, December 12, 2017

You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)

Yes, that's right!

Two blog posts in one week and BOTH have titles from 80's songs.

Remember this gem?



Alright, now stay with me and see if you get the connection.




I did Spinning for the first time ever last night!

Now don't get too excited.

I wasn't part of a class, but rather I decided to try it before my Pilates class. My teacher and I had been talking about my need for cardio and she suggested I come early before Pilates and try spinning. Last week after class she showed me how to use the bike (adjust the seat, etc...) and wished me well.

In the days leading up to Monday night, I was mostly concerned with one thing: what music was I going to listen to while I pedaled?

I'm a luddite when it comes to music on devices. I have zero.

I ended up downloading the Spotify app and created a playlist. Here it is:




To say my music tastes are eclectic would be an understatement.

Having good music definitely helps the time go faster on the bike.

My first time ended up being fine- definitely got me sweating and warmed up for Pilates. Each week I'll try to pedal a little longer...but that means I need more songs!


What songs do you listen to while exercising?


No comments:

Post a Comment