John and I went to the movies yesterday to see A Star Is Born.
I honestly didn't know much about the movie, but had an idea of the general premise (I knew that this was a remake- come to find out one of many remakes over the years) and I thought, "If it has Bradley Cooper, it must be good." (I loved Silver Linings Playbook - probably one in my top 10 favorite movies of all time.)
The movie starts.
About 10ish minutes into it, I start thinking, "Wow, this no-name actress that's playing Ally is FABULOUS! She has a great voice and she's playing the inexperienced/scared soon-to-be starlet so well."
Not long after, Ally's father enters a scene.
Immediately I say to John, "Is that Andrew Dice Clay?"
Two hours later (yes, really), when the credits come up I realized that...
WAIT FOR IT...
Lady Gaga played Ally.
::mic drop::
So...I have no problem identifying Andrew Dice Clay, but don't have a clue about Lady Gaga.
Excuse me while I crawl back into my 80's/90's hole and don't come back out.
P.S. The movie was AMAZING!!! See it!

No comments:
Post a Comment