Sunday, July 4, 2021

I Have Questions...Lots of Questions (And Maybe Some Answers)



Let's jump right in, shall we? Some are rhetorical and some are legitimate.

  • Why is Anna Duggar having a SEVENTH child?
    • Admittedly I stalk her on IG. That whole family is a train wreck and I can't look away. I wish I had. Seven kids with pedophile...good idea! 
  • Why do major league baseball games take 3+ hours to play?
    • I thought they were trying to make these games go faster? No?
  • Why in 2021 are some cancers still uncurable?
    • Ugh.
  • Why does my neighbor insist on revving his Mini Cooper whenever he drives away or drives into his driveway?
    • Drives John crazy when I complain about this.😅
  • Why did I think it was OK in my teen years to buy cute shoes...even if they only had them in a 1/2 size too small for me? (Had two podiatrist appointments already; bunion it is!)
    • I'm thinking specifically of a pair of purple "velvet" shoes with pointy toes and tassels that came from Fayva (who remembers Fayva?) I take an 8. They only had 7 1/2. Sold! I'm paying for that now.
  • Why did Secret discontinue the deodorant I've been using for YEARS?
    • While I wanted to switch to a deodorant without aluminum, I wanted to do it on my own terms- not be forced into it.
    • Have you tried Schmidt's? I tried using the Bergamot & Lime. I love the way it smells but it irritated my skin. (That was the stick. They have a cream, which I may try.)
  • Why are newscasters insensitive/clueless when doing stories about people with disabilities?
    • A story I saw on the local news the other night started with the newscaster saying, "So & so lives with Down syndrome..." Um, it's not a disease. I know I am extra sensitive about this topic, but I cringed big time when I heard that.

  • Why are tray tables so stinking expensive?
    • We've had our wood tray tables for years and they're starting to break down/get crappy. I did some Googling and say what? Over $100 for tray tables? Nope- you can hold your food in your lap!

  • Why did the store that's less than two miles away from my house stop carrying my favorite wine?
    • This is it, in case you were wondering- Toad Hollow Rose
    • The "Wine Locator" says the store has it, but I think that's a big fat lie.
  • Why does it take me months to publish a blog post?
    • I started this post on 4/27 and am just publishing it now. 
    • I thought about finishing and publishing the post I started about our master bath reno (you know, the one that happened two-ish years ago? 🙄), but thought that could simmer just a little longer.

I hope you've had a great 4th of July! Rainy and gray here in New England, so we laid low and John made chili in the Crockpot. (He makes a really basic recipe, which you can find here, but it's delish!)

1 comment:

  1. Why did the store that's less than two miles away from my house stop carrying my favorite wine? I had the same thing happen to me. I only drink chardonnay and found one that was the right price and loved the taste. Gone!!! Same as you- not to be found again.

    Why does it take me months to publish a blog post? I have so many drafts with recipes I want to make but seem not to get around to them because I always find something new that I must make ASAP! LOL

    Why are tray tables so stinking expensive?- try yard sales and thrift shops. I'm old and have a set which I love and use all the time but not many people seem to use them anymore.

    No answers but a few thoughts.

    Have a good day off.

    ReplyDelete