Sunday, November 6, 2022

Are You Good at Being Busy?

Let me go first at answering that question.

NO.

Perhaps I should re-phrase it. 

Do you like being busy? 

Again, I'll go first.

NO.



The last few months have seemed extremely busy here. Out of the ordinary busy. The kind of busy when at the end of the day, I look at John and say, "Do you want to run away with me? I know we have to come back, but can we just run away to get a short period of 'doing nothing'?"

I look at others I know- friends, acquaintances, and coworkers, and see how busy they are on a regular day-to-day basis and all kinds of emotions are stirred up. I feel awe, wondering how they can possibly keep up with such a schedule and wonder if they have time to eat, sleep, or shower. Occasionally, I feel jealous and wonder why I can't be the Energizer Bunny and like it. Mostly, though, I feel lucky that I don't live "on the go" daily. I'm just not cut out for it. And that's OK. I'm happy there are others that fill that role. 

The holidays are coming, so I fully expect this period of busyness to continue. 

I'll just keep swimming and occasionally sit alone in the dark in silence (even if it is in the bathroom!)

No comments:

Post a Comment