I've posted in the past about going to a Pilates mat class once per week. I've been doing that for (eek!), close to five years. (Time flies when you're sweating.)
Last fall, I found a dance class for Grace that I wanted her to try and of course, it overlapped with my Pilates class. I talked to my instructor and she noted there was an opening in the Reformer/equipment class on Thursday night.
SIDE NOTE: I could've sworn I'd previously posted on this blog about my one time in the Reformer/equipment class and how dizzy I was and that I'd never do it again. Can't find reference to that, but it happened.
Since that was experience was a few years ago, I decided to give it another go, as I didn't want to lose out on my once per week exercise. (When doctors ask if I exercise, I say, "well, I do Pilates." [I just tend to leave out the once per week part....]) I joined on a Thursday night and while I can say I didn't get dizzy (I made sure to leave my glasses on, which oddly was part of the problem, I think), I DEFINTELY had a more intense workout than mat class.
But I soldiered on and kept going. Unfortunately (for Grace), the dance class she was in ended up with dwindling attendance and it was canceled after the holidays. So, I'm back to having my Monday nights free. What to do?
At 50 years of age, I committed to two days of exercise. What the what? Yes, I'm now going to mat class on Monday night and Reformer/equipment on Thursday night. And you know what? I like it. I mean, it's taken five decades for me, but better late than never! (And yes, I realize that two days is ludicrous to some people who work out on the regular, but I have never been an exercise lover. So sue me.) 👊😅

I'm old but I get my butt to the gym 3 to 4 times a week. My fitness watch has set 150 minutes a week as a goal. I make sure I get that. I think of it as an additional insurance. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteBTW- The Curious Incident Of The Dog In the Night Time was good. Read it when it first came out.