Wednesday, January 29, 2025

Searching for the Light

 


I don't know L.R. Knost other than what the Google machine tells me, but based on this alone, she is a wise woman.

Some people thrive on chaos, but I am not one of them. 

I am trying to shut myself off from the news because inevitably every time I look at it, there's something new that causes upset, anger, and sadness. 

This is less about politics and more about humanity and morality. And empathy. 

This is circulating and I'd have to say it's pretty accurate, at least for me:


Are you able to avoid the chaos and achieve some semblance of peace? 

If so, do share your methods.

2 comments:

  1. First welcome back! I missed your post.

    As for your question- I don't watch the news either.

    My stress relievers books- I listen to audio books. I am ALWAYS pugged in. When I walk in the morning, when I clean and cook, working outside. My choice of books has also changed. I try to stay away from heavy subjects.

    Another is a breathing technique- inhale 5 exhale via mouth counting 10 to 15 exhales.

    My last is looking for cottage cheese recipes for my blog. I have made a few that have been SO GOOD!

    I wish you peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All good suggestions! I noticed that I've been listening to a lot more music than I normally do.

      Delete