It's really no contest.
I'll take crazy fashion/crazy hair mixed with some rich kid teenage angst in the early 90's ANY DAY over present-day political angst.
So yes, I'm re-re-watching Beverly Hills 90210.
This photo is from the Spring Dance episode in Season 1 and it's so angsty. Both Kelly and Brenda like the same dress but once realizing that's the case, they both renounce it until... you guessed it, they each go back and buy it and then proceed to discover this only when they're getting ready to leave for the dance. Kelly says it's going to look like they planned on going as the Bobbsey Twins. Moments later, Jim Walsh (Brenda's father) comes in with his camera to take a photo and proclaims, "You look just like the Bobbsey Twins!"
This is only one moment of many Kelly/Brenda angsty exchanges.
Yup, I still choose this over today's political lunacy.
Nothing to do with angst, but did you know that certain episodes of Beverly Hills 90210 aren't available for streaming? This in general is due to music rights. Take "Wildfire", Season 2, Episode 8 for example:
Apparently, Neil Sedaka's "Breaking Up Is Hard to Do" is a tightly guarded piece of music, as I had to watch a random YouTube recording of this episode. Honestly, it's one of my favorites. Kelly, Brenda, Donna & Emily Valentine (!) perform the song in the "Hello Day" talent show at West Beverly High. They were going to perform a spoof on Addicted to Love (Addicted to Clothes) but thought they'd do something more meaningful. 😏
Silly, but yes, I am still choosing this over the news/current events.
The best part of the show? Brenda and Dylan's relationship. SO MUCH teenage angst. SO MUCH drama. SO MUCH ooey gooey teenage love. SO MUCH heartbreak. The big audience drama was whose team were you on- Brenda and Dylan or Kelly and Dylan? Team Brenda and Dylan all the way. (You can imagine my chagrin when Dylan told Kelly they were soulmates. Pfft.)
The Halloween party episode! Brenda and Dylan as Bonnie and Clyde. How fitting- they were trouble in their own way just like Bonnie and Clyde.
Still choosing early 90's fantasy land.
What are you doing to maintain your sanity in today's world?


.jpeg)
My number one thing - reading or I should say listening to books. Then there are days like yesterday ( june 14) when over 11 million people came out to let others know how they feel! The best part about No Kings Day was the enormous turnout in red states... with rain in DC being a distant second.
ReplyDeleteAdmittedly I have never listened to an audiobook! It took me forever to actually read a book on an electronic device...who knows if I'll every listen to a book!
Delete