Sunday, March 1, 2026

2026 In Review ... 60 Days In

March 1st already, people! Can you believe it? Personally, I can't. Especially since there's still a ton of snow on the ground here (and it was flurrying earlier today. 🙄) Let's see what's been going on so far this year...

In the world of reading, I have stopped reading TWO books already. This is a lot for me. I *maybe* stop reading one book per year, if that. 




I'm sure these are great books, but just not for me and not now. I read maybe 50 pages of each and decided that was enough. They're both pretty heavy topics (Nazis and Columbine) and honestly, they're a bit too close to present day reality. I think I've come to the point in my life where I want to read books that make me laugh and smile, for the most part. (A perk of aging!?!)

The weather's been ridiculous. I feel like we're paying for the last few winters when we didn't get much snow at all. There's only one "person" in this house that enjoys the snow. Here's a hint: he has four legs.


Now if only we could teach him to use the snowblower vs. project managing his father.


I will say it looks beautiful on the trees, though.


What else? I'm loving Spindrift sparkling water. I've tried to wean myself off of soda (and I've been successful for the most part) but still need something flavored that isn't caffeinated (if I drink a Diet Coke or an iced tea at lunch I'm up until 2AM 👎). I tried seltzer but it's a bit "harsh" for me (for lack of a better term.) Then I found Spindrift sparkling water. No caffeine. No fake sugar and very little added sugar. I love the Berry Belli-no, the Island Punch, and the Cosnopolitan. Highly recommend!




We just finished watching THE most hilarious series- How to Get to Heaven from Belfast on Netflix. If you loved Derry Girls, you'll love this new series by the same creator/writer, Lisa McGee. Trust me. There are some familiar faces from Derry Girls in the series, but it's altogether a different type of story. The main thing that connects them is the humor. The religious humor is some of the best. Go watch it. Now!



Is it Spring yet? 😆

1 comment:

  1. Just put The Perfect Horse on my TBR soon! Love the photo of your pup!

    ReplyDelete