Not much new here, although it's ridiculously cold. Good thing I bought that nice warm down coat from EB!
My right knee is really acting up and I'm afraid to say that I think I have a torn meniscus. I had my left knee operated on about 10 years ago for one and the right is feeling the same way. I see the orthopedist on Monday, so we shall see. I imagine I'll have to get an MRI, which is always a pleasant experience. Nothing like hearing jackhammering (even with earplugs in) and being half in/half out of a small tube. Claustrophobia much?
Oh, and did I neglect to mention that I'm living the Money Pit??? Yes, that's right. John is Tom Hanks and I'm Shelley Long. Our roof? It's winning an Oscar for its performance as a crappy leaky roof. All the front rooms in our house have ceiling stains and the vents in the ceilings have turned into funnels. I've used more towels and pans over the past few days than in my entire time here. Luckily, as most of you know, John is very domestically talented and spent a whole day with a sledgehammer getting the ice off of the roof and then putting soffit (sp?) vents in. Luckily we've been drip-free for a day or so. That new roof that we were going to put off for a while? Yeah...not anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment