So I did some more cleaning in the basement and as I expected, found some more great books from my youth. Here they are:
The cool thing about this next one? Bangwell Putt was a "real" doll that belonged to a little girl from Northfield, Massachusetts, not far from where I grew up. I had my own Bangwell Putt doll and loved it and the book.
Cool thing about this next one? It had the ultramodern sleek 70's hologram on the cover! When you moved the book, the clocks changed time! Go figure. (Oh, and when you ran your fingernails over the cover it make a cool scratchy noise.)
Last, but certainly NOT least, my very favorite book of ALL TIME. Yes, that's right. If I was stuck on a deserted island, I'd take this. Can you tell I loved it? I adorned it with a sticker (which later in life when I realized the out of print hardcopy might be valuable tried to scrape it off) and even wrote on and in it. The Edward Gorey illustrations make this book. If I had a daughter, I'd read this book over and over to her.





No comments:
Post a Comment