Sunday, January 9, 2011

Paul's Pronto Penne (Easy Peasy Recipe)

Just a friendly reminder for those who don't know me all that well -- I don't cook. It stresses me out. However, Paul's Pronto Penne (from Newman's Own website) is super easy and super yummy. I made it tonight, so thought I'd share.

1 lb. sweet Italian sausage, casing removed and crumbled (I just buy the already crumbled stuff)
1 25 oz. jar Newman's Own Pasta Sauce (Sockarooni, Tomato & Basil, or Tomato & Roasted Garlic) (Sockarooni is our fave)
1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
1 1 lb. package of penne cut pasta
6 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese

In a nonstick skillet, cook the sausage about 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Drain fat. Add the pasta sauce and stir to combine.

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the penne according to package instructions. When pasta is done, drain immediately in colander.

In a large bowl, toss the penne with the sauce, cheese, and basil.

Serves 4-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment