Sunday, July 17, 2011

Signs 'o Summer





 So, I really really wanted stone ducklings in my yard (like "Make Way for Ducklings" on the Boston Common), but all I could find was this one lonely duck at my local Building 19 (I refuse to pay a lot of money for anything going in my yard!)

Hard to see, but this is our long-awaited bird feeder. John wants to be able to sit at the dining room table and watch all sorts of colorful birds flock to our feeder. So far we're just trying to fend off squirrels.

Our new umbrella, which thanks to matchy matchy sense of decor matches our house.


And lastly...

This has been our major project this summer thus far:

BEFORE:


AFTER:



Again, we didn't want to spend a huge amount of money or have to hire someone to put in a concrete/cement/brick walkway, but I really hated the fact that there was no path to our front door. So, we found these paving stones at Home Depot and I think it came out rather nicely! (Big thanks to my Uncle John & Aunt Carol for the Home Depot Housewarming gift card!)


1 comment:

  1. I like the path. Like it even better than a solid cement walkway. It's more quaint looking. Also loooove the impatients in the concrete urn. Very cottagey (if thats even a word)

    ReplyDelete