Thursday, May 24, 2012

BQOTD: What Five THINGS Would You Bring to a Deserted Island?



This is one of the many questions I ask myself when trying to fall asleep at night. I've spent a lot of time trying to fall asleep over my life (sleep was never one of my strong suits when I was a child -- ask my Mom!), so I pretty much have this question down pat.

You're going to a deserted island and you can bring five THINGS with you (no people, no pets!).

What do you bring?

Here's my list:

1) Marian Keyes Omnibus: I read EVERY night. I'm guessing I'd have a "bit" more free time on my hands. Marian Keyes is one of my favorite authors and her books make me laugh. Having two of her best books would be good "company" on the island.



2) My pillow: I lurve my pillow. I'd probably have to take the pillowcase off, though, as I would be freaked out about scorpions, snakes, critters getting in while I'm sleeping...or not sleeping. It would be nice to have something comfy even if I'm sleeping on the sand.


3) A case of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese: Mac & cheese is my favorite comfort food. Homemade/baked mac & cheese is the best, but I'm thinking that might be a bit tough on the island. I'd have to cook this with just water and it might not be exactly the same, but I'd make it work.




4) A family & friends photo album: Even though I'd carry memories in my mind of my friends and family, I'd want to have photos that I could look at and touch. I'm sure it would help to make me laugh and smile when I felt lonely.

5) My fleece robe: I envision it getting awfully sandy on the island, but I'm willing to take that risk for comfort and a piece of home. It's somewhat worn, but I love wearing it during the Winter when it's chilly or if I'm going to take a nap and want to be all bundled up (regardless of season.)'



So, what would YOU bring to your deserted island?

No comments:

Post a Comment