Tuesday, August 28, 2012

2012 Vacation: Days 5 & 6

Monday, Monday. No case of the "Mundays" while on vacation! No sadness while on the beach!!!





I don't know who this dude is, but that tall building is our condo.



Lapiz of Luxury toes.




If memory serves, we had Five Guys for lunch. Yummmm. As you can see, more beaching took place. Monday night's dinner was in the Twilight Zone, I mean Ruby Tuesday. One of the more unforgettable meals, for all the wrong reasons. Not worth elaborating.

Tuesday we decided to go to Ocean City, Maryland. It's about 1/2 hour drive from Rehoboth Beach. On the recommendation of a college friend Lisa, John and I had gone to Macky's, a restaurant on the water, the last two times we visited. We knew we wanted to take the kids there. Too bad it rained and we had to sit inside. Bummer dude.

We then headed to the outlets/"regular" shopping to get some stuff for little John and his new apartment. (We actually went to the outlets in Rehoboth either Sunday or Monday, but alas, I've now forgotten which day and forgot to write about it.) We got our stuff and by then, the sun was out in full force. My wonderful husband asked if I wanted to go back to Macky's to get our picture taken, as he knew I was REALLY bummed that we couldn't sit outside and have our annual photo taken.

We went back and I so glad we did.

One far away & one close-up (because you just never know!) They're both keepers. I'm hoping to blow one up and hang over our fireplace.






I caught this one on the way out JUST as the battery died (good timing and thank goodness for iPhones!)




We then attempted to walk on the Ocean City boardwalk. I say "attempted" because parking was sketchy and we parked pretty far down from all of the good stuff. We ended up walking a short way and then turning around and going back to the car.




 
 
We headed back to the condo, relaxed, freshened up, and headed out for dinner.
 
Here's a cloudy view from the condo's porch:
 
 


We walked to the "main drag" (Rehoboth Ave) and ate at go fish!, a British fish and chip shop. (Grace said a few times that she wanted fries instead of chips.)




This is a pretty bad photo, but I'll include it anyway. There's a few of the guys, but I've made the executive decision to NOT include. They'll both thank me.




British fried fish restaurant and what do I order? Indian chicken. I got Tandoori Chicken Skewers and they were DELISH!!!!




NEXT UP: The pool and Dogfish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment