Great name, isn't it? Very "glass half full." Ever heard of BlogHer? That's how I came across this one. BlogHer is basically a gigantic network for women bloggers. I think it does lots of other stuff (hosts an annual conference), but I haven't delved into that as of yet. Anywho, I searched in the BlogHer directory for Colorado and came up with a few that I found interesting, but none as cool, yummy, and funny as this one. "Cool" you say? Yes, the owner's name is Katira (or is it really?) and I must say that's a name I've never heard and it's a pretty cool one. "Yummy" you say? Yes, per the sub-title, this blog contains the "ramblings of a self-proclaimed baker." Lots of cakes, people. Diabetics may want to back away from the blog. "Funny" you say? Yes, the "ramblings" are pretty darn hilarious. Example: Katira is pretty serious about a boy named Harry Potter. Let's just say that if show up at Ollivander's and ask why it "is," you might get the stink-eye from Katira. (DISCLAIMER: I've never met Katira and don't want to purport that she's known to give the stink-eye. This is simply my own assumption based on her writings.)
Things that caught my eye about this
blog:
-
Katira is not some super-human baker. You know what I mean? Sometimes you read people's blogs and think, "Do they EVER make something that isn't just slightly "picture perfect?" This is not to say that Katira's creations aren't "picture perfect," but she freely admits when part of her creation may have gone wrong. (And living in a high-altitude location is no picnic when baking!)
-
This isn't a "one-track mind" blog. (Did you notice I'm using a lot of quotes? What's up with that?) It's not ALL about baking. She shares her travels and on a more serious note, a post about the canyon fires that engulfed her hometown of Colorado Springs.
- How about "caught my stomach?" In addition to some gorgeous cakes, Katira makes a mean chicken salad, which I can't wait to try!
Things on this blog that
I'd like for my blog:
-
The FAQ portion of the blog. Answer the questions that you get asked the most and post them on the blog!
- Even though I have a "labels" section on the right, I like the font/spacing that I think I could do that! has. It doesn't seem as crowded as mine.
- I'd like more pictures of gorgeous cakes that I've baked. I wonder if Katira could teach me? (Let me check the FAQ section...)
Check this blog out if
you want to drool over some gorgeous baked goods or to have a good laugh!

Wow! Thanks! I just saw this, and I feel very flattered. Katira IS my real name, and I would be delighted to bake with you if you were ever in town. And I can't say I haven't thrown the stink-eye on occasion. Always warranted of course.
ReplyDeleteThis is great! Katira is my best friend so I can confirm all you said about her, including the occasional stink eye :)
ReplyDeleteI have been encouraging her to start a blog for awhile and now you can see why!
Great post!