This picture reminds me of high school.
"Why" you ask?
Senior year we had to take a "computer" class. I put that word "computer" in quotes. I'm not even sure if "computer" was in the class title. Might've been "Keyboarding." (Any of my fellow classmates remember?)
Classroom was in the basement and I remember having to RUN to get there because if you were one of the last few people to arrive, guess what??
You had to work on a TYPEWRITER.
Yes, that's right.
Some of you may not even know what a typewriter is, but that's one in the photo.
There were only so many "computers" in the classroom.
(Do you see why I put "computer" in quotes? Yup.)
(Yes, this roundabout ramble should be coming to a close soon.)
There were a few times when I didn't run fast enough (could've been the hairspray weighing me down) and had to work on the typewriter. Ugh. Even in 1990 that was so 1980's.
So, yeah. I Googled "must write blog post" and that picture of the typewriter is what I got. And you got this story. See how that all worked?
Back to the business at hand.
Things I must blog about:
- Bon Jovi concert (another item to check off of the "30 Before 42" list)
- Consumer reviews of some new food items I've tried
- Movie review of "Mud"
- "50 States 50 Blogs" -- Florida is next and I have a blog to review
- Volunteering
- And drumroll please...we have progress in moving towards finishing the basement! (Here's a little teaser):


Sometime in my mid-school years, I don't remember when, Late elmentary or early JH. My brother and I started being told by teachers that our reports had to be typed on a computer. We didn't own one. Our reports were typed on type writer. Honestly I don't know why a typed report from a typerwriter vs a computer is all that bad.
ReplyDelete