Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Hangover



I'm talking about the kind you get from shopping, not booze. (Although, as you'll see, there are similarities.)

I've noticed over the past few years that soon after Christmas (as soon as the day after) I'm completely burnt out on material goods. 

Between shopping for others and gathering a list of things that I'd like, I never want to look at Amazon.com again or set foot inside a Target again.

Like when you drink heavily and the next day swear you'll never drink again (at least, so I've heard that this happens...). I'm swearing I'll never shop again.

It's not the truth long-term, but it's the short-term truth.

John and I took his son shopping today for some clothes and each store that we went into, I initially thought, "Oh, I'll just look at this." Took one step in that direction and immediately felt a sense of dread come over me. I even tried on a pair of Bearpaw boots (Ugg knock off) that were my fave color and I could've easily bought them, but I just wasn't feeling it (I may regret that later.)

I have gift cards to spend, but it will probably be a few months before I even feel like browsing.

Does anyone else feel this way?


No comments:

Post a Comment