Thursday, January 2, 2014
Step Away from Facebook
Approximately 30 hours ago I took the first step in my personalized 12-step program.
I deactivated my Facebook account.
My name is Katie.
I was addicted to Facebook.
Sad, but true.
I found myself realizing that I was spending much too much time on Facebook.
I was using it as an excuse when I didn't want to do things that I should be doing, i.e., cleaning, organizing, working.
Don't get me wrong -- Facebook's not ALL bad.
A friend from college was reunited with a high school friend and fell in love and married on New Year's Eve. I loved watching their relationship blossom and seeing over the moon happy pics from their wedding.
I was reunited with friends that I had lost touch with over the years and was happy to see how their lives have developed.
You know what, though?
In addition to Facebook being an excuse for not doing the things I mention above, I tend to think it's hindered my personal contact with friends and family.
I aim to change that.
As I told my friends from my Facebook-based chat board, "This may only last 5 minutes, 5 hours, or 5 days. Who knows."
I'm taking it one minute at a time (spoken like a true addict!)
I may go back.
I may not.
And maybe...just maybe...with all this free time, I'll even blog more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment