Thursday, October 23, 2014

Late to the [Proverbial] Party

For the record, I'm usually early or on time for parties, which some might say is much worse than being late.

This post is about the proverbial party...the blog lover's party.

I love reading blogs of all kinds -- cooking, family, pet, exercise.

Up until recently, I simply had them bookmarked and would check each one every so often. This got to be quite time consuming, as I amassed quite a few (thanks Pinterest!)

I would be wasting time going to each blog when only some of them had new posts.

Enter my friend Crystal from My Ramblings. (Speaking of which, CRYSTAL: you need to get back to blogging regularly! :)

She mentioned that she uses Bloglovin to keep track of the blogs she reads.




I decided to check it out.

It's awesome and SUPER simple to use!

Go to bloglovin.com and set up an account (if I recall, this only involves giving an email address and thinking up a password.)

Then, start finding the blogs you read.

You can type a blog's URL into the search box and it will bring back (more than likely) a bunch of results, but usually for the same blog. I'm unsure of why this is (naming differences?), but I went ahead and picked the result that had the largest amount of followers (there's strength in numbers!).

It then adds it to your feed. You can add as many or as few as you like.

Then, sign in when you feel like it and you'll see new posts from those blogs on your feed.

I find the last post that I remember seeing and work my way up through the newer posts.  It's cool because I get the blog post title, the first few sentences, and generally a photo from the post.

If I'm not interested, I move on and I don't have to waste time visiting the blog.

If I want to read a post, I simply click on it and it opens it up in a Bloglovin frame.

So, as the title of this post indicates, I'm probably the last person on Earth to discover Bloglovin. However, if any of my few readers haven't checked it out -- you should!

1 comment:

  1. I know I know... one day when there are 36 hours in a day maybe I will get to it... :)

    ReplyDelete