Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Data Dump

Data dump.

It's one of those phrases that's in vogue at work.

Similar to other phrases in vogue at work, I really am not a fan of it.

To me, this is what I see when I hear "data dump:"



A bunch of crap all thrown together.

No uniformity.

The papers in this picture are different colors, sizes, contain text/don't contain text, etc...

However, at work, it's meant to be a distinct set of data from a distinct set of fields...not just the kitchen sink. So, is "data dump" really the right terminology?

This is what I think about on my drive home (when trying to think of a blog post title.)

So, this is my data dump for today (everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink):





(Plug: this wine is from the Traveling Vineyard. My friend Dana is a rep and you can visit her site here and order some vino.)

  • Here's an up-to-the-minute weather report (completely neutral, of course):


Yes, snow. Again.

  • I came home to only one window leaking due to ice dams on the roof, but newly plastered wall in basement is soaked. [insert sad face]. Here's what was happening last week at our front picture window:



  • I kind of am in love with my 2015 Agenda. It's sunshine on a cloudy day:


  • I'm completely underwhelmed with this season of Downton Abbey. The Dowager Countess makes me smile with her dry wit, but that's about it. I don't know if it's charm has just worn off for me...or what. 


SPOILER (turn back now if you're not caught up on Downton): 

I'm sad that Isis (the Crawley's dog) passed away. I loved that Cora & Robert wanted to sleep with Isis on his last night of life, but....would that really have happened in 1924? In England? Aristocratic England? Yeah..I didn't think so.

  • On the other hand, the TV show, "Donnie Loves Jenny" is wacko. Completely wacko. I kind of liked Donnie Wahlberg better when I viewed him as a Boston guy that became famous by being in New Kids on the Block. I really don't like hearing about his bodily functions. Kind of ruins the picture.



There's your dump. Data dump, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment