After this:
and this:
and forgetting my work laptop tonight (I had planned to do work at home),
I was led to feel like this:
(Of course, I would edit it to say, "...where I don't have to deal with any stupid people or mountains of snow.)
So, as they say, I saw the light.
Dawn broke over Marblehead (for you local yocals).
I woke up and smelled the coffee.
The PERFECT job/living situation has been right under my nose the whole time!!!
When John and I were in Aruba, as we walked up and down the beach, we noticed a man in the water cleaning the markers/buoys.
This is IT! It's got everything:
a) a warm climate
b) solitude (I can wear waterproof headphones and just nod at tourists [& sharks] as they pass by)
c) casual dress code
d) no shortage of work (unless barnacles become extinct)
e) variety (moving up and down the beach)
and who cares about the pay when you're in paradise!?!?!
If you're having a hard time visualizing it, imagine me being one of these people. (NOTE: I'd stipulate that I'm a one-woman show.)
So, as they say in Papiamento (local language spoken in Aruba): AYO! (Goodbye!)
Disclaimer: This is all a pipe dream until we hit Powerball...or a generous donor steps forward.




No comments:
Post a Comment