Today was day #21 of staying at home/working from home/quarantining/AKA the "new normal."
In some respects, I have a routine down and am following my own advice that I posted in this blog post.
I've been better about getting up, showering and eating breakfast right away, as if I was going to the office.
We've also been out on walks everyday except maybe three (due to rain/snow). But, on those days, I step outside and either get the mail or walk around the yard. Fresh air is essential.
My anxiety still comes in waves and I am doing my best to manage it, as I get the sense this will go on longer than I hoped (or anyone hoped!)
I also want to take a minute to thank again doctors, nurses, pharmacists, grocery store workers, and all those considered essential during this time. Stay safe.
Now that I've checked in, how are you doing?
On a lighter note, let's get back to my TV shows to binge watch during quarantine. I had two thoughts after I made my last post.
1. There is another "C" show which merits inclusion on this list (thanks to John for reminding me about it).
Catastrophe
This is a British rom-com (leaning more heavily on the "com.") It is created, written by, and stars Sharon Horgan and Rob Delaney, who portray single people who become a couple after she unexpectedly becomes pregnant following a fling while he is visiting London on a business trip. Delaney is from a town not too far from where I live, so it's cool to have that Massachusetts connection (it plays in at the very end of the series.) It was a bit raunchy (for me) at first, but once I got past that, I loved watching this couple go from virtual strangers to falling in love.
It can be seen on Amazon Prime.
2. The show I originally intended for "I" but completely forgot about should be noted.
Indian Summers
I absolutely positively loved this show and am sad it only lasted two seasons. It's a British drama series that details the events of summers spent at Simla, in the foothills of the Himalayas, by a group of the British governing and trading community at the time of the British Raj. The characters are amazing. The scenery is amazing. The costumes are amazing.
It was shown on Masterpiece Theatre on PBS, so you can view on PBS.org or stream on YouTube/iTunes.
Book #13 of 2020: Fodor's Travel Chicago by Fodor's
Summary: This is a typical travel guide by the legendary Fodor. It details history of Chicago, current state and recommends activities/sightseeing, places to stay, and restaurants.
Rating: B. It was helpful in acquainting me with the various sections/neighborhoods of Chicago. I was able to get a sense of what's near our hotel and what restaurants we might want to try. (We have a Father's Day trip planned, but now who knows if that will happen!)
Book #14 of 2020: The Golden Hour by Beatriz Williams
Summary: A dazzling epic of World War II in which a beautiful young “society reporter” is sent to the Bahamas, a haven of spies, traitors, and the infamous Duke and Duchess of Windsor.
Rating: B+. This was interesting, but a bit too long. I loved the backdrop of the Bahamas (I wish I was there now!) and the intrigue. Williams is a great writer.




As you can see I've been trying so many new kale recipes! It's actually something I look forward to each day- making or looking for new kale recipes.
ReplyDeleteNot sure if you like historical fiction but I love the Maggie Hope series by Susan Elia MacNeal. They sure are keeping me entertained.
If you want to try something different - Korean Drama. Netflix has some really good ones. A cute one is Crash Landing on You.
Linda
BestOfLongIslandandCentralFlorida
I have seen the kale recipes and somewhat avoiding them...LOL. I don't love kale, abut admittedly I amy not have given it a chance. Thanks for the book & TV recommendations- I will check them out. Stay safe!
Deleteyou too!
DeleteThe Sweet Potato is so good with kale!