Sunday, February 6, 2011

Don't Be Fooled by "Fool's Gold"

"Fool's Gold" starring Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson is perhaps one of THE WORST movies I've ever seen. It takes A LOT for me to say that.

I must admit that I was initially mesmerized by McConaughey's hunkyness and figured I'd enjoy the movie no matter what. WRONG. He's awful. Kate Hudson? Awful. Writing? Awful. Major nosedive in Donald Sutherland's career? Right.

It's of the "mindless entertainment" genre, which I enjoy on occasion. (Don't get me wrong -- I'm not all about HAVING to watch a movie like "Schindler's List" if I'm going to watch one at all. I love "Legally Blonde" and have no problem admitting it.) "Fool's Gold" however, is beyond mindless. It's not funny. It has some big names (as previously mentioned), but they're so out of place in the movie it's ridiculous. The plot is about as thin as Saran Wrap.

So, even McConaughey's tanned bod and Southern charm couldn't keep me interested for 1 hour & 43 minutes. Two thumbs down.

1 comment: