Sunday, March 17, 2013

50 States? 50 Blogs! Delaware



Hodge Podge

Delaware -- one of my favorite states! If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that John and I have been to Rehoboth Beach, DE for the past three summers. (You can check out my posts under the "Travel" tag.) I really feel "at home" in Delaware. It's somewhat hard to explain, but it's truly one of the few places I've been to on vacation that I could realistically see myself living in. Anywho, I was excited to find a Delawarean's blog. I found this one a while ago, so I haven't got a clue what led me to it! Brittany is the woman behind the blog and I love her "about me" description: "Delaware born and bred beach girl looking to use this blog as a sort of diary so I don't have to subject my friends to pictures of my endless crafting projects and other adventures." She's got a sense of humor and she's a beach girl! Not only do we both love the beach, but we both like to read (in fact, we'd both love to be doing this instead of working!), we both have tried dieting and we've both posted our recipes. Wanna hear the weirdest "potential" coincidence? (I say "potential" because I could be misinterpreting.) As I said in my last post, I met an amazing group of women on the The Nest. Imagine my surprise when I read this post by Brittany and found photos of her and her "Nestie" friends. YIPES! Is she a Nestie, too? Have we potentially already crossed paths?

Things that caught my eye about this blog:
  • Brittany ROCKS at gardening. Eh, maybe I should take note? In her first post, "Flea Market Gardening", she perfectly mimics a Pinterest gardening find. Check it out. I'm jealous. (I actually had the same thing pinned, but figured I'd never be able to accomplish it. Maybe now, I'll try...)
  • Not only does she rock at gardening, she ROCKS at crafting. ::sigh:: Another area I could take a lesson in. I LOVE this window pane she repurposed.
  • She's normal just like you and me, though. (She eats Rice-a-Roni!)

Things on this blog that I'd like for my blog:
  • Brittany occasionally devotes a post to what she read over the past week. I'd like to do that, as the books would be fresh in my mind. (Granted, I generally don't read more than one book in one week...)
  • She's got a pic of her puppies! Once the next doggly woggly comes to our house, he'll be starring on the blog.
  • She has a GoodReads feed on her blog. This might be a neat way to display what I'm reading vs. just putting in the side column.
Check out Brittany's blog. I feel "at home" when I read it, just like I do when visiting Delaware!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I'm famous! Of course you can link to my blog, maybe knowing my blog is linked somewhere else will make me feel guilty about not updating it enough! And yes I am a nestie :) I mostly hang out on the local DE board but I've been known to pop over to D&R

    ReplyDelete