You're expecting me to say, "We picked up where we left off yesterday" and then see a gorgeous picture of the beach in Aruba.
WRONG.
On day five, we decided to mix it up. I had read that the Butterfly Farm was pretty cool and knowing that I'd need a break from the beach (not John, mind you), we decided to check it out.
It was within walking distance of the Radisson and was a nice change of scenery.
On our trip there, we walked by the RIU Palace. This "hotel" is next to the Radisson and stands out like a sore thumb (in our opinion.) When we were pulling up to the high-rise hotel area from the airport, we thought it was a religious temple of some sort.
Anywho, back to the Butterfly Farm.
When we arrived, we were greeted personally by the owner and had a nice chat with him. Before entering the actual "farm," the owner gave us a heads-up, so to speak, on the fact that the butterflies might land on us, not to panic, it might feel weird, but they don't bite, etc... I thought to myself, what are the chances of this happening? Just wait.
Some pics taken while waiting for our official tour:
Butterfly food:
Our tour guide taking us through the life cycle of the butterfly:
Remember that "head-up" the owner gave us? Yeah. Butterfly? Meet sweaty tourist.
After that harrowing experience, we decided it best to go back and pick up where we left off.
I think I was pretty successful at relaxing, don't you?
For dinner on the night of day five, we went to Amazonia Churrascaria, a Brazilian BBQ. This is another place that we'd gone ten years ago. The premise is pretty cool. You first eat from the salad and soup bar. Then, once you flip a coaster to green (GO), the waiters start bringing out all sorts of meat on skewers. They keep bringing it to you until you flip the coaster to red (STOP). Our favorite was the garlic sirloin.
Lady luck was with me that night. We visited the casino at the Westin (a few hotels down from the Radisson), sat down at a penny slot, put a $20 bill in, took a few spins, and BAM.
I WON $500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment