Thursday, October 10, 2013

Aruba: One Happy Island: Days 8 & 9

The number 13 -- lucky or unlucky?

Lucky in this case!

Palapa #13 -- our home for the last two days of our trip.



My turn to float (I'm the one on the blue float.):




I see you taking a picture of me...




From ocean to pool. Sun, warm pool water, reclining chair, and good book. Does it get any better?



The view from my seat:







Trying my hand at the panoramic feature on the iPhone:




Glad I came back to the beach after being in the pool -- a wedding had set up right next to us!





We sat at Palapa #13 throughout the ceremony. It was neat, although windy (the bride's veil blew into the ocean!)

The evening of day eight, we decided to venture into Oranjestad, the capital of Aruba. We got there around 7:30 on that Friday night and it was DEAD. The mall (which has many "upscale" stores was closing at 8). We wandered around there a bit (I couldn't get up the nerve to go into Louis Vuitton) and then hit the casino (shocking, I know!) and decided to eat at the third iteration of the Smokey Joe's trio, Iguana Joe's Aruba. It was probably my least favorite of the places we ate at. It was across from a REALLY noisy bar/dance club (?) and techno music was blasting throughout our meal. The food was just so-so.

On the menu:

John had sangria (again, shocking) and I had Grandma Joe's Lemonade. That stuff was potent!



John had a shrimp BLT wrap and I had a grouper BLT. Nothing to write home about.

We went back to our hotel room saddened that we'd have to pack it up and leave the next day.




Bon Bini Aruba!


No comments:

Post a Comment