Saturday, January 11, 2020

First Full Week Into the New Year

The first full week of 2020 is in the books!

Here in New England, we've had a wild ride in terms of the weather. Thursday it was RIDICULOUSLY cold (so cold that my co-worker wouldn't walk to the new burrito place with me at lunch because she wasn't wearing socks...lol). Then Saturday it was 67!!! (Meanwhile, I am seeing that its snowing in places like Texas. Feel free to try to tell me climate change isn't real!)

Earlier this week we finished one of the puzzles that I got for Christmas. It's from White Mountain Puzzles and it's "Things I Ate As a Kid."




The past few years I've gotten one or two of these types of puzzles (1000 pieces) and John and I do them together. It's great because it gets me off of my phone and using my brain and lets us spend time together (we usually do 15-20 minutes each night.).

The other one I got for Christmas is "A Day At the Beach" with bumper stickers from beaches all over the U.S., including some of my favorites- Hampton Beach in NH & Rehoboth Beach in DE.

Another yearly/Christmas tradition is to get the new Mary Engelbreit calendar. Here's January's illustration:




I love it! Her illustrations speak for themselves and need few words. A new year- ever forward!

In my last post, I mentioned the show The Politician on Netflix. We finished it and I was totally sucked in.

Not just by the plot but by hair/costume. Alice, one of the main characters, looked amazing for her wedding. This isn't a great photo, but I LOVED her hair and her dress.




Book #2 of 2020: Twisted Twenty-Six by Janet Evanovich



Summary: Grandma Mazur, Stephanie Plum’s favorite family member and occasional partner in crime, has decided to get married again – this time to a local gangster named Jimmy Rosolli. If Stephanie has her doubts about this marriage, she doesn’t have to worry for long, because the groom drops dead of a heart attack 45 minutes after saying, “I do.”   
A sad day for Grandma Mazur turns into something far more dangerous when Jimmy’s former “business partners” are convinced that his new widow is keeping the keys to a financial windfall all to herself. But the one thing these wise guys didn’t count on was the widow’s bounty hunter granddaughter, who’ll do anything to save her.
Rating: A. This is one of the best Stephanie Plum books I've read in quite a while. Evanovich gave Stephanie & Grandma some depth- they actually showed emotion. I felt that it made them more "real." 

2 comments:


  1. Happy New Year!

    Thanks for the review of Evanovich's new book. I was going to wait to put it on reserve, now I can get on the long list to read it!

    Linda

    (bestoflongIslandandCentralFlorida)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you, as well! Hope you are not too far down the list for the book- enjoy it when you do get it!

      Delete