(Sorry- I couldn't resist.)
How has your first (partial) week of the new year been?
John & I started out 2020 by taking a nice drive along the NH Seacoast (that wobbly purple line is us!)
It was pretty chilly out so we didn't want to do anything outside per se, but wanted to get out of the house. The ocean was beautiful, but looked ridiculously freezing. (And yes, there were people getting into wet suits to go in. I was mouthing "dummies" under my breath and I could see John smirking.)
After our drive, we went to The Beach Plum in Portsmouth for a hearty lunch of fried clams. It's a pretty low key place with picnic tables inside and out, but the fried clams are excellent.
We also continued to watch The Politician on Netflix.
At first I thought it was totally bizarre, but after watching the first few episodes, it really grew on me. Quirky is a good word for it, I'd say.
Of course, I've been reading! I've decided for this year, I will do my book reviews in the blog vs. posting individually on Instagram/Facebook.
Book #1 of 2020: The Library Book by Susan Orlean
(And no, I didn't read this all in the first five days of 2020- I started it in 2019)
Summary: In 1986, the Los Angeles Public Library went up in flames- literally. It was the largest fire in the US in a public library. While the book is based on this incident, it's much more. It chronicles the main suspect in the fire and introduces the reader to the various staff that work there and the directors past & present.
Rating: A-. I loved this! The librarian in me found it fascinating.
How did your 2020 start out?




No comments:
Post a Comment