Last Monday I turned the ripe old age of 48!
As those of you who have been following along at home know, my 47th year was not one of my best (actually, I'd say it was my worst). Thus, I was actually excited about being a year older and entering a new year of my life.
I started my "birthday weekend" with a decadent (for me) dessert on Friday night.
While I love me some chocolate and some cream, I wasn't bowled over by the whoopie pie. It needed more cream. Or maybe even flavored cream- like maple!
Saturday was a fairly relaxing day. That night we went to CR's The Restaurant in Hampton, NH. It's one my favorites (and as a matter of fact, we went there last year for my birthday!)
Before we left home, we tried for a decent selfie. And ended up with many outtakes.
Maybe someday we'll perfect the art of the selfie. Or not.
I didn't take any pictures of dinner, so you'll just have to use your imagination! (Well, I took a really bad one of the drinks.)
We started out with Baked Brie en Croute which was delicious with the honey & blueberry compote.
Keeping with the blueberry theme, I had a Blueberry Limoncello Drop Martini & John had Harvest Sangria. (Here's said back picture:)
For our main courses, I had the swordfish special (with roasted potatoes & shredded brussels sprouts) and John had prime rib.
For dessert we had carrot cake for two, which in reality was carrot cake for 16. But, that didn't stop us from pretty much finishing it off.
Sunday was errand/laundry day (and avoid the Superbowl day).
On Monday, the day of my actual birth, I took a vacation day from work. It was nice to sleep in!
We had a late breakfast at the Roundabout Diner in Portsmouth, NH. I got the Grand Marnier french toast. Overall the experience was meh (so-so food and not so great service.)
The rest of the day was spent talking on the phone to the ones I love that are far away, getting nice texts and emails and wishes on Facebook.
So far, 48 is GREAT!



Belated Birthday wishes!
ReplyDeleteLinda
Bestoflongislandandcentralflorida