Thursday, July 17, 2008

Presenting...the Master Bathroom!

Since the original purpose of this blog was for me to share my new house with my friends and family, I thought it might be nice if I actually DID share some of it! I decided to start with the master bathroom. I'm not really sure why, as it's the room we've done the least with. Least as in, I've only bought a shower curtain and some accessories for it. :) However, this is a very important shower curtain as it is dictating the color scheme of the bathroom.

Currently the room is a lovely 1950's teal/aqua/turquoise. I plan to paint it Behr Parisian Taupe and we'll have brown accents (already have a soap pump, wastebasket, soap dish, and toothbrush holder) and probably bluish accents, too.

Here are some "before" pictures (note the neon pink "DON'T USE THIS TOILET" sign):





Here are some "after" pictures:







There are some issues with the shower itself, so it's currently inoperable. We'll eventually have to get a completely new shower stall, etc.. (which is why I haven't painted.) When we do that, we'll replace the sink (it's not really stable) & toilet (it leaks) and we both really like Kohler's Memoirs Suite:



So, if you have any suggestions, feel free! Sorry this post was so long -- I can only imagine how wordy I'll be with the "real" rooms.

3 comments:

  1. You have one effin' fabulous shower curtain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the memoirs sink and the kohler devonshire toilet (it looks nice and is cheaper than the memoirs). Do some price matching between lowes and HD. I saved about $30 buying the toilet and sink that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks good! i love your shower curtain :)

    ReplyDelete