Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lots of exciting stuff going on here

So much has been accomplished this week, thus far! John & I went to HomeGoods last night to look for rugs for either the living room or the dining room. We found two that we liked for the living room. Both would've matched, but one was more in my color comfort-zone than the other. However, I knew that the comfort-zone one would just blend in and not stand out. John talked me into getting the more vibrant one and I must say that I LOVE it!!!

Thanks to all those that gave input on the pillows. After much deliberation, we chose the maroon/wine (officially called mulberry on the tag). The rug has this color in and they really complement each other nicely.

We went to JCPenney and found a set of three lamps for $80 for the living room. Two table lamps and one floor lamp. The room is really shaping up! Our next frontier is art.

Tonight I bought some wall art at Pier 1 for the dining room. I'm not convinced that it's not tacky, so I'll probably need some opinions on this, too. (Once we hang it, I'll post a photo.)

I'm watching another dining room wall art piece, but again, not so sure on the tackiness factor. Unfortunately, I can't copy/paste the pic, so you'll have to tune in again in the near future for a pic.

Hmmm...that's the update.

No comments:

Post a Comment