Saturday, August 9, 2008

Speak to me on the tackiness factor

I saw these in Pier 1 and was intrigued. I was immediately harkened back to 70's kitchens with the big wooden fork and spoon on the wall which lessened the intrigue factor. Then, I thought, "Pier 1 is pretty hip...they wouldn't sell these if they weren't hip, right?" So, after mulling it over for a week or so, I went back and bought them.



I came into the house laughing (which immediately made John suspicious). I said right up front, "These might be tacky, so if you hate them, I won't be offended." He said he didn't hate them, so we hung them in the dining room.

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the tackiest, what's your rating? (I've developed thick decorating skin, so I won't be hurt.)

To go along with the utensil theme, I also bought these:

9 comments:

  1. I don't know if I'd call it tacky, but I'm not a fan. I do like the prints, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan either, but I think they look good. If you like them, keep them.

    (This coming from the person who has a few punctuation marks to hang somewhere.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure won't call them tacky! I have them hanging in my kitchen right now! :)


    The prints are cute too! Good finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like them. i have a BF&S in my house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I soo don't follow trends or non-trends. I really like both the BF&BS and the prints!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, I like the prints, but not so much the oversized wall utensils!

    XOXO
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry KT. Not a fan. But YOUR opinion is what matters here. If you like them keep em.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this particular set looks good, but I will say that D&R has completely ruined the whole big F&S thing for me. Had I never been on there, I wouldn't have known the difference. :)

    I like the set you got. Some of the other ones I've seen that people have are just hideous.

    ReplyDelete