Friday, October 14, 2011

Hockey in Arizona?


 

 
The Yotes Diva

 
As I mentioned in my last "50 States? 50 Blogs!" post for Alaska, I'm no Julia Child and it was somewhat curious that I was writing about a food-centric blog. Well, there's no question why I'm writing about this hockey-centric blog based in Arizona -- I LOVE HOCKEY!!! I feel lucky living in Massachusetts and being a fan of the Bruins, an Original Six team. While I might not be a fan of NHL expansion teams, I am a big fan of The Yotes Diva blog. The subtitle in the header is a good summary of this blog: "This is the story of a girl who moved to the desert, fell in love with an unappreciated hockey team & started a blog..."

Things that caught my eye about this blog:
  • Multimedia!! Should you think you'll never make it to Phoenix Coyotes game, you can listen to the Goal Song. (Granted, it's no Hartford Whalers' Brass Bonanza...)
  • Love the header -- especially the skates and the font.
  • Not only does The Yotes Diva blog about the Coyotes, but about the NHL/hockey in general, and she seems to have good hockey knowledge.
  • Her Blog Roll contains blogs written by other hockey devotees and even some hockey wives.
  • Her four Chinese Shar-peis. Check out the "faces only a mother could love" under the About tab.
Things on this blog that I'd like for my blog:
  • Sponsors? Can you imagine?? (I guess that would require more than 5 readers...)
  • Search box. Not sure if this would require tagging/labeling, but something to consider. (Mostly for me...I often can't remember if I've written about something in the past and I'm too lazy to look through tons of old posts.)
  • Advertisements. Jury's still out on this one for me, but I'm definitely considering.

No comments:

Post a Comment