Saturday, October 8, 2011

I'll Miss You Granddad

Last week, at just a few months shy of aged 96, my paternal grandfather passed away. I called him "granddad" and he was my last surviving grandparent.

I have many fond memories of him --
  • Paying me $1 to jump into the above ground pool in his and my Nana's backyard. (Imagine what price kids would demand today with 30+ years of inflation?)
  • Watching the Bruins games and listening to him argue with Fred Cusick and Johnny Peirson.
  • Driving up the Mohawk Trail and getting apples.
  • Sleeping over and waking up to find juice, milk, and whatever I wanted for breakfast (no matter how late it was.)
  • Having the diamond from my Nana's engagement ring made into a pendant and giving it to me on my wedding day.
I love you Granddad. I hope you and Nana are somewhere together and you're having lobster and a Heineken, watching the Bruins. :)

High School graduation photo:


Early days with his lovely wife:


Golfing (apparently there's a story surrounding this picture that involves THROWING the club!):


One of many Thanksgivings at Nana & Granddad's (I'm the one with the yarn in my ponytail :):


Nana & Granddad helping my Uncle move into college. I show this one to demonstrate that Granddad was ALWAYS dapper. I don't think I EVER saw him in anything more casual than khakis.


Tortola with a beer. Two of his favorite things!


Dancing at my wedding:

No comments:

Post a Comment