Random statement you say?
I think not.
Even though epaulets (or epaulettes) made their appearance in fashion history way back in the 17th century (per the dreaded Wikipedia ), I'm pretty sure the military fashionistas of that day knew that hundreds of years later, a pop band named the Beatles would bring them to the forefront of fashion. I think they even knew that the band would have a member named Paul and thus, the name epaulet was born.
In case you're unfamiliar with the legendary epaulet, here you go:
Why am I blogging about this you ask? Excellent question.
I recently bought a new coat and I loved it in the store when I tried it on. The day I wore it for the first time in "real life" I immediately felt like a Beatle. Yes, a Beatle.
As soon as I said it to a few co-workers, they were like, "Yeah...I can kind of see that."
My new coat --> Epaulets --> Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
This stream of consiousness is how I roll.
Tell me if you can see the resemblance and why I almost burst into "Yellow Submarine."
(And yes, I tried to rotate the photo. Sorry if I'm giving you whiplash.)
Do you see what I mean???
Meanwhile, while I've got a Beatles/epaulet identity crisis, John says to me, "How many buttons are on that coat?"
So, now I'm having a freak out over buttons...
Buttons the Clown?
Red Buttons?
I.will.not.return.this.coat.


No comments:
Post a Comment