Friday, December 28, 2012

2012 Christmas Festivities: Day One

Christmas Eve Eve

We celebrate Christmas Eve with the "kids" on December 23rd. Our traditions are to make homemade pizza, open one gift each, and usually play a board game. We did all three of those (for the most part.)

The raw ingredients:




And just like that, you can make these:



left: half cheese with red sauce and half pepperoni & onion with red sauce
right: half cheese with red sauce & half white
 
 
Since we're all of age now, we decided to liven up the party with a cocktail I found on Pinterest. Here I am hand modeling our pitcher of Rudolph's Tipsy Spritzer. (Say that five times fast. John kept calling it Rudolph's Piss. Anywho...)
 
 
 
Here's the recipe (short & sweet):
 
5 cups of orange juice
2 cups of chilled lemon-lime soda (I used 7UP)
1 1/2 cups vodka
1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice (I bought a couple of jars of cherries and just drained the juice out)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
 
Stir together all ingredients. Serve over ice, if desired.
 
Here's Grace with the one gift she opened (DVD of America's Next Top Model Cycle 1). I think she might've liked it...
 
 
 
 
Grace gave her brother some shower gel (no photos available).
 
Grace gave John a cookie/treat jar:
 
 
 
 
She gave me some homemade hand scrub that her peers and staff at her program made. Smells good enough to eat!
 
 
 
 
 
Stepdaughter/stepmother love:
 
 
 
 
We rounded out the evening with a game of Sorry! Guess who came from behind to win? YOURS TRULY!!!
 
 
 
 Great Christmas Eve Eve!



No comments:

Post a Comment