Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Whoa -- It's December? How'd THAT Happen?
Back up the bus! (But be careful.)
When did it turn into December? Last I knew it was December 16th and I was a tad over halfway through the November Photo-a-Day project. I had such high hopes for that little project. ::sigh::
Last I recall, I was going to take a picture of the last thing I'd purchased (the Thanksgiving Day turkey), but it all gets blurry after that.
We were in prep mode for Thanksgiving (cleaning and organizing) and Grace and I had hair cuts on the Tuesday and Wednesday night before (not such a good idea). We did end up having pretty much everything under control (thankfully as sisters and brother-in-law were bringing things) until John's Mom arrived. She collapsed and John and his uncle had to take her to the E.R. Turns out she was anemic and was having internal bleeding.
As John was about to drive away he said, "You'll have to handle the rest of the meal."
Yikes! Please pass the wine.
My brother and sister-in-law were godsends. Christine whipped up the gravy and guided me along through the stuffing. Stephen carved up the turkey. Thanks guys -- I really appreciate it.
We carried on as best as we could without some of the family and waited for phone call updates throughout the day. John and his uncle got home late afternoon once my mother-in-law had been admitted and had their belated meal.
Calm before the storm:
As I mentioned, it was discovered that John's Mom was having internal bleeding and they kept her in the hospital for four days. We visited her and tried to keep her company while she was in there. She was released on a Sunday night and they didn't find the cause of the internal bleeding (they say that happens in 25% of patients.)
The whirlwind continued, as I had to clean like crazy on Monday night and my Mom arrived on Tuesday night. She was here until this morning and we had a lovely visit. We had our fave Chinese food -- twice! It's an appetizer called Suan la Chow Show. If you haven't had it, you must try it. Both restaurants we went to do it differently, but both are good. It's a dumpling dish and even has its own Wikipedia page.
We visited with my aunt and did lots of shopping. It was fun, relaxing, and great!
We were up at 4:45 this morning and she was off to the airport. Sad to see her go!
I then came home and napped for a while and it was off to my urology appointment. I think I previously mentioned that I had a moderate amount of blood in my urine at my last physical (TMI?) so I had to go to the urologist. I had an ultrasound of my kidneys today and a cystoscopy. (Cystoscopy is a telescope put into your urethra to look at your bladder.) The ultrasound was nothing but the cystoscopy was uncomfortable, shall we say. I'll spare you the details. It leaves you with the sensation that you constantly have to go to the bathroom (#1, obviously), which is unpleasant, also. Luckily, I was able to get in a nap this afternoon and I feel better!
The craziness continues, however! I have three interviews scheduled this week for hiring someone in my group, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon, I have a dentist appointment Thursday morning, and Friday is John's birthday! (And yes, I realize that this is "normal" for some people, but being busy and I are not friends!)
Oh, and did I mention it's 21 DAYS until Christmas?
Aaaarggghhh...serenity now!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment